The RJC'S Living Experience Advisory Panel launched
The RJC are delighted to announce the launch of a new advisory panel to support our policy and standards work.
Our Living Experience Advisory Panel (LEAP) has been established to create a space for those individuals with experience of either accessing or participating in a restorative process to come together and use their experiences to help inform our policy positions, practitioner guidance and practice standards.
We are seeking up to 6 experts by experience to join us in this exciting new opportunity. To be considered, members should have experience of either accessing or participating in a restorative process. This can be at any stage of a restorative process and their experience of the process can be positive or negative.
Applications to join the panel are open to:
- RJC members and non-members who have experience of participating in, or experience of accessing a restorative process as either a person who has been harmed or has caused harm
- RJC members and non-members living in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland
- Those prepared to commit to attending at least two meetings of the Advisory Group per year
- Those with a willingness to share with and learn from other members and contributors
It is our intention that the panel representation comprises of those who have been harmed and those who have caused harm. Safeguarding arrangements will be put in place to ensure that all participants are kept safe.
The primary functions of the panel will be to:
- Provide advice and guidance from a participants perspective relating to the RJC’s internal and external policy positions on the use of restorative justice within the criminal justice system
- Ensure that the voices of those with living experience are reflected within the RJC’s policy responses
- Represent the voices of those with living experience, where appropriate, in national discussions, forums and conferences
- Provide advice and guidance from a participants perspective relating to the RJC’s Practice Standards Guidance and Practice Registration Frameworks
- Provide advice and guidance from a participants perspective relating to the development of restorative justice awareness raising resources
We would be grateful if you our members could please share our flyer (download below) with any individuals they believe may be interested in joining to Living Experience Advisory Panel.
The application process is simple, interested parties simply need to complete and submit a brief expression of interest form, which can be accessed HERE.