Youth Mentor - Greater Manchester
You will be providing restorative mentoring services for children and young people aged 10-17 referred via various agencies, who have displayed violent behaviour.
You will provide:
- Intensive mentoring support for children and young people referred to the project.
- Restorative Justice services between these children/young people and any identified victim of their behaviour
- Family support in order to address conflict within the home and to encourage positive/supportive familial relationships.
Examples of this will include both emotional and practical support, with a focus on;
- resolving any accommodation issues and family relationship issues
- supporting and encouraging individuals to form/engage in healthy relationships/friendships with family members and peers
- supporting children/young people to access and engage with Education Training or Employment
- supporting children/young people to access and engage with relevant health care to meet their needs i.e., mental and physical health services
- supporting individuals to engage positively with their family and within the local community
This is not an exhaustive list, and Remedi will work with you to develop ways in which to identify the individual young person’s needs.
You will be working 35 hours a week on a fully flexible basis to suit the availability of the children and young people and, as a result, can expect some weekend working.
So, if you want a job that can really make a significant difference to the lives of young people this could be the job for you.
Remedi will provide full training for the role, and they are looking for someone with passion, empathy and motivation rather than any particular past experience or qualification.
Position | Youth Mentor
Location | Greater Manchester
Hours | 35 hours per week
Salary | £21,091 rising to £23,338 at the end of Year 2 in role plus 6% employer pension contribution
Application pack and guidance is available here or download using the links below.
Please return completed application forms along with your equal opportunities form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Noon - Wednesday 13 July 2022
Interviews will take place: Wednesday 20 July 2022