Job opportunity: Restorative Practitioner (West Midlands)
The role of a restorative practitioner involves a significant amount of contact with people affected by and involved in crime. This contact is usually initiated over the phone and includes individuals who may be the victim or perpetrator of all crime types from Theft to Murder. Your role will involve supporting individuals in the community and in prisons, through the Restorative Justice process and you will work with them to enable them to communicate effectively with each other in a final face to face meeting, ensuring risk assessing takes place throughout the whole process and final meeting. This process helps reduce reoffending and enables individuals to move forward from what has happened. It can be facilitated through a face to face meeting or by acting as a go-between to pass messages between each party this could be verbally or in the form of a letter.
What to expect
- The role is to cover Birmingham and the West Midlands, so expect to travel a lot for which expenses will be paid, but you will need access to your own vehicle.
- A laptop and mobile phone to enable you to work remotely will be provided.
- Internal and external training will be provided throughout your employment with Remedi. The expectation is that you engage in this training and implement it within your working life. You will also be provided with a structured induction, which will include shadowing experienced practitioners in Remedi.
- DBS and vetting. This role will require bi annual DBS checks and police vetting to a very high level. The role will not commence until all vetting is cleared.
- You will have a Line Manager and Co-Ordinator who you will meet individually at least once a month for Line Management Supervision and they will also be available during the week to provide support and guidance either face to face or by phone/email.
Location- Working across the West Midlands
Hours – 35 hours per week
Salary – £20,280 plus 6% pension contribution
Holiday – 25 days per year plus bank holidays
Please see the attached Job Description and Application Form for full details. Further information can be obtained by clicking here
complete application forms should be emailed to: WestMidlandsRJ@remediuk.org
Closing date: 5pm on 10th November 2019
Interview will take place on Tuesday 26th November 2019.