Job opportunity: RESTORATIVE PRACTITIONER (PRISON BASED) TO COVER A 12 MONTH SECONDMENT
Remedi are recruiting a part time (20 hours) practitioner to deliver our Restorative Choices Programme on a group and individual basis within HMP Marshgate, Doncaster. The practitioner will also be trained to facilitate Restorative Justice Services between victims and offenders as required.
The role has two distinct elements:
- The delivery of our Restorative Choices Programme to groups and individual offenders within HMP Marshgate.
- The provision of Restorative Justice services between those harmed by crime/conflict and those responsible for the crime/conflict.
The role of training facilitator requires confidence in speaking to groups of people, some of whom may have challenging behaviour, and the ability to communicate ideas regarding empathy, consequential thinking and victim awareness in a clear and effective manner.
The restorative practitioner aspects of the role, will involve supporting offenders and victims to enable them to communicate effectively with each other. This process helps reduce harm and enables individuals to move forward from what has happened. It can be facilitated through a face to face meeting or by acting as a go-between to pass messages between each party.
- The role is based in Marshgate Prison, Doncaster where all offender training sessions will take place.
- Internal and external training will be delivered. The expectation is that you engage in this training and implement it within your working life.
- DBS and vetting. This role will require bi annual DBS checks and, as its based in prison is subject to Prison Vetting.
- You will have a line manager who you will meet individually at least once a month and they will also be available during the week to provide support and guidance.
Location: HMP Marshgate, Doncaster as primary base.
Hours: Part-time 20 hours per week
Salary: £20,280 (Actual £11,588) per annum plus 6% Employer pension contribution
Leave: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Please return completed application forms electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application can be downloaded from http://www.remediuk.org/careers-staff-vacancies/
Hard copies of completed applications can be sent to:
33 Rockingham Lane,
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: 9.00am Monday13th January 2020.
Interviews will take place on: week commencing 20th January 2020.