Job opportunity: Restorative Justice Facilitator (Swansea)
Wales Probation Service is part of the KSS CRC Probation. They provide a broad range of probation services for adult offenders on community orders or licenses. They focus on quality of practice to reduce re-offending, improve the safety of the communities they serve and improving the life chances of those within the Wales criminal justice system.
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) is a high performing community rehabilitation company delivering a range of rehabilitation and offender management. They are committed to engaging and collaborating with our service users and our local communities.
As a Restorative Justice (RJ) Facilitator, you will be working with victims and perpetrators of crime with the aim of repairing the harm caused and finding a way forward for both parties. This could be through a face to face meeting between the parties or through indirect means.
You will help generate referrals by building relationships with external stakeholders, l risk assess potential cases and fully prepare both parties before any intervention takes place and work with a range of partners including the National Probation Service, Police, Prisons and Victim Support.
- Build relationships and generate Restorative Justice referrals from partner agencies.
- Meet and engage with key stakeholders to assess suitability and risk, keep them updated throughout the process.
- Seek information from Partner agencies including NPS, Police, Victim Support, VLO, Prison Staff, any other agency/party to inform risk assessments.
- Engage with key agency partners as appropriate during the RJ process.
- Effectively and thoroughly prepare all parties involved for participation in any restorative intervention.
- Manage conference process including arranging a neutral, risk-assessed venue, and arranging supporters for participants as appropriate.
- Deliver all restorative interventions (direct and indirect) in line with best practice guidelines.
- Provide post conference support for Victim and Offender including signposting as appropriate.
- Record all contacts with participants and partner agencies in a timely and effective manner in line with Information Security policies.
- Follow the processes outlined in the RJ Operating Manual, including completing and keeping records of all relevant documentation.
To view the full job description, please use the following link: http://ourjobs.seetec.co.uk/ksscrc/restorative-justice-facilitator/
Salary: £22,039 - £27,373 per annum (dependant on experience)
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24 hour counselling service and Cycle to Work Scheme
If you require assistance with your application or an alternative format please contact the recruitment team on 01702 201070
Closing Date: 03 March 2020