Job opportunity: Greater Manchester Restorative Justice Service Practitioner
Remedi have been commissioned by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority to provide restorative justice for victims of crime in Greater Manchester. Remedi will be working with local charity ROC in undertaking this project utilising volunteers to support the work of the paid team. The service has been operational since June 2019 and works across all 10 local authority areas in Greater Manchester with staff aligned to the cluster areas below,
- City of Manchester
- Wigan, Bolton and Bury
- Trafford, Salford and Stockport
- Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside
There will be an element of mobile working across the cluster utilising several partner agencies officers where possible. This will be confirmed at interview.
The role of a restorative practitioner involves a significant amount of contact with people affected by and involved in crime. This contact is usually initiated over the phone and includes individuals who may be the victim or perpetrator of all crime types. Your role will involve supporting individuals in the community and in prisons to assess suitability for involvement in restorative justice. Your role is then to facilitate safe communication between individuals and groups of people through face to face meetings, ensuring risk assessing takes place throughout the whole process and final meeting. This process helps reduce reoffending and enables individuals to move forward from what has happened. It can also be facilitated by acting as a go-between to pass messages between each party either verbally or in the form of a letter.
- The role will cover Greater Manchester, with an expectation of travel. A vehicle will be essential but we pay mileage at £0.40 per mile.
- A laptop and mobile phone to enable you to work remotely will be provided.
- Internal and external training will be provided throughout your employment with Remedi. The expectation is that you engage in this training and implement it within your working life.
- This role will require the successful completion of DBS checks and police vetting.
- You will have a line manager who you will meet individually at least once a month for Case Supervision and they will also be available during the week to provide support and guidance either face to face or by phone/email.
Location: Greater Manchester, specific location to be confirmed at interview
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £20,280 per annum plus 6% pension contribution
Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Please return completed application forms electronically to GMRJ@REMEDIUK.ORG
Application can be downloaded from http://www.remediuk.org/careers-staff-vacancies/
Hard copies of completed applications can be sent to:
33 Rockingham Lane,
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: 9.00am Friday 3rd January 2020.
Interviews will take place: 10th January 2020 - please allow 3.5 hours for interview.