Criminal justice charity Belong provides hope, rehabilitation and recovery for victims and perpetrators of crime.
Belong: Making Justice Happen is looking for a skilled Development Officer to join us and play their part in helping to make our vision of a society where there is hope, rehabilitation and recovery for victims and perpetrators of crime, a reality.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and fundraising skills, with experience of working in the criminal justice system, preferably with experience of fundraising.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record of communicating effectively with a range of partners and stakeholders within the criminal justice system. Supported by our Development Manager, they will have the opportunity to support and implement Belong’s fundraising and development plan.
- Support the Development Manager to develop and deliver a grants and contracts fundraising plan for Belong, in line with our strategy and corporate plan.
- Conduct research into grant and contract opportunities in order to identify 5 and 6 figure opportunities that are relevant to Belong’s strategic aims.
- Write tailored, inspirational, high quality applications for grant and contract opportunities to trusts, foundations and public bodies.
- Liaise with Belong’s management and staff teams to plan and develop the strongest possible applications and build relationships with funders.
- Work with the Development Manager to contribute towards Belong’s Communication strategy, including supporting on developing social media, website and newsletter content.
- Work collaboratively with Belong’s Development Manager to provide impact and evaluation reports to funders.
- Work with the Development Manager to devise and update a database of past and present grant and contract funders.
- Participate actively in line management meetings with Belong's Development Manager, and in between line management meetings, provide updates of progress and of any issues arising, in order to receive advice and guidance.
- Adhere to Belong’s Code of Conduct and its policies, in particular those on Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children, Anti – Corruption, Anti – Bribery, Complaints and Comments, Confidentiality and Single Equality.
- Undertake any other duties as may be appropriate to the level and nature of the post as determined by Belong’s Director and Trustee Board.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of therapy, mentoring and restorative justice interventions and their relevance to people who have been convicted of and/or been a victim of criminal offences.
- Thorough grasp of the issues that may be faced by people who have been convicted of and/or been a victim of criminal offences.
- Understanding of and commitment to Belong’s strategic aims and values.
- Two years’ experience of working within the criminal justice sector, preferably including reporting or fundraising experience.
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders e.g. voluntary sector organisations, funders, public bodies.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain office management systems.
Required Personal Attributes
- Hard working
- Committed to confidentiality and equality
- Willing to learn and develop
Position | Development Officer
Location | Home Based
Hours | 14 hours per week
Salary | £24,300 - £27,000 dependant on experience
To apply for this position, please provide a detailed covering letter outlining how you meet the skills, experience and knowledge requirements
outlined in our Job Description and Person Specification document. Please also send us your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 11.30pm Friday 16 July 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing 26 July 2021