Restorative facilitation skills training
Calm Mediation Service) is a recognized Open College Network London Region (OCNLR) training centre for accredited courses and provides restorative facilitation skills. Our courses are accredited at Level 3, equivalent to A-Level, for OCNLR national standard.
The course covers the practice of restorative approaches and how to run meetings with those who have been harmed (victims and perpetrators). This course is suitable for people who want to facilitate restorative cases and covers how to facilitate meetings whilst remaining impartial.
The training dates for the course are 22, 23 February and 15,16 March 2018.
The course includes:
- knowledge and understanding of restorative principles
- working with harmers and those harmed
- preparing participants for conference
- who should attend a conference
- conference skills practice (co-facilitation in pairs)
- indirect restorative approaches (shuttle / letters)
- risk and safety assessments.
Our accredited course is four days in total and includes a one day practical assessment. The participant will gain 6 credits at level 3 (OCNLR) provided the practical assessment is passed and written assignments completed to a satisfactory level.
The course involves trainer input, group discussion, role play, peer feedback and interactive activities to understand restorative practice. The training will be delivered by Calm Mediation’s restorative co-ordinator and an additional trainer, both trainers are practitioners.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for criminal justice agencies, youth workers, NHS staff, psychologists, mentors, teachers, volunteers and any person interested in becoming a restorative practitioner. The course is suitable for entry level candidates and no prior learning is required.
There are two options:
- Attendance Certificate – £595. Suitable for individuals’ personal interest and development, or for those who want to improve their work-related skills.
- Fully Accredited RJ Practitioner – £750. Candidates complete 10 written assignments within three months following the course. These consolidate your learning and enhance the self-reflection of your practice. Candidates who pass both the practical and written assignments will receive the OCN accredited RJ certificate.
Candidates need to attend all four days of the course to receive a certificate.
Calm Mediation’s RJ course is subsidised by the BIG Lottery. The fee includes all course materials, lunch, the practical assessment and written feedback from the assessor. We cannot offer further discounts.
Times: 9.30am start and 5pm finish.
Location: Abbey Centre Located in 34 Great Smith Street SW1P 3BU
How to apply
Our courses are open to anyone but places are limited. We ask applicants to attend a 20 minute phone interview, to discuss the training and understand what the assessment involves.
If you have a query contact Fiona@calmmediation.org the Trainer.
34 Great Smith Street
Member Event info