Restorative Practice in cases classified as complex and sensitive
This workshop provides an interactive, online learning environment delivered across two half days on Zoom. Participant learning takes place through activities, discussion and skills practise. This skills practise focus is in achieving engagement at individual meeting stage and in the facilitating of two party facilitated restorative meetings. Practises are monitored to ensure the enhancement of effective skills. This course will also allow for astute assessment of readiness and risk, and the consideration of implementation strategies required to see the greater default to restorative dialogue in cases such as these.
This course will consider the following:
- What defines this category of case referrals?
- What practice considerations in this specialist area are paramount?
- Exploration of domestic violence and harmful sexual behaviour alongside evaluated findings of recent Restorative Practice Projects focused on these cases
- Trauma – the nature and impact
- Refresher on The Art of Engagement using Restorative Enquiry
- How to include specialist professionals within the Restorative Forum
- The application of Risk Assessment tools
- The assessment of readiness and capacity
- Current work-based Practice Procedures in this specialist area
Each participant will receive a handbook to accompany the course.
Thursday 20th January & Thursday 27th January 2022
9.00am - 12.30pm
£165 incl VAT, per person (£137.50 excl VAT)
Pre-course requirements: completion of the Restorative Now Foundation Training Course
For further information: please contact Restorative Now at email@example.com.
Contact: Janine Carroll, Director
Address: 2 Stamford Square, London SW15 2BF
For a full list of courses visit: http://restorativenow.com/training/
Delivered by: Restorative Now
This event is being hosted by an RJC member organisation. It is not delivered by, or on behalf of, the RJC.