Restorative Practice Facilitation Skills for Education Settings
This course, with a specific focus on education settings, will give you a clear understanding of the context for the restorative approach and equip you with the skills to build a healthy community within your setting so that relationships are valued, conflict is reduced and learning capacity is enhanced.
This Restorative Justice Council approved live webinar course comprises of ten, 90 minute modules, delivered over a span of 10 weeks. Participant learning takes place through activities, discussion and skills practice.
You will learn about:
- The origins, ethos and values of Restorative Practice and how it applies to education settings
- Common intervention models and how the way we intervene can strengthen or fracture relationships
- The neuroscience of shame and the power of empathy
- Taking a trauma-informed perspective
- The needs model underpinning behaviour
- Skills for effective practice
- Restorative Enquiry Questions
- The Art of Engagement
- The two party model of Restorative conversation
- Contrasting Retributive and Restorative approaches
- Skills practice – Facilitation of Restorative Meetings
- Strengthening school culture through a restorative lens
- Restorative Circles, the practice and the links to cultural values
- Assessing Risk
- The role of peer mentors
- Implementation and Culture Change
Each participant will receive a handbook to accompany the course.
|Wednesday 23 February||Module 1|
|Monday 28 February||Module 2|
|Wednesday 2 March||Module 3|
|Monday 7 March||Module 4|
|Wednesday 9 March||Module 5|
|Monday 14 March||Module 6|
|Wednesday 16 March||Module 7|
|Monday 21 March||Module 8|
|Wednesday 23 March||Module 9|
|Monday 28 March||Module 10|
All sessions will run between 4pm and 5.30pm via ZOOM
£340 + VAT per person – With a maximum of 12 Participants per course
For further information – please contact Restorative Now at email@example.com.
Contact: Janine Carroll, Director
Address: 2 Stamford Square, London SW15 2BF
For a full list of courses visit: http://restorativenow.com/training/
Delivered by: Restorative Now
This event is being hosted by an RJC member organisation. It is not delivered by, or on behalf of, the RJC.