Restorative Practice Facilitation Skills for General Settings
This approved course is an intensive and comprehensive immersion in the ethos and practice skills used to apply a restorative lens to the task of relationship repair, the addressing of harm and the growth of community. This Restorative Practice Facilitation Skills course is unique, in that it incorporates tuition in enhanced practitioner skills using a unique method of engagement, enabling greater inclusion of parties in the process. Prior knowledge of restorative practice is not a pre-requisite for undertaking this course.
Participant learning takes place through activities, discussion and skills practise. This course will give a clear understanding of the context for the Restorative approach, the key skills for safe practice and the strategies for effective implementation. This course is appropriate to a variety of settings and wider communities. This live Webinar course is delivered in 10 Modules over a span of 3 weeks.
The foundation Restorative Practice Facilitator Skills Course covers:
- The origins, ethos and values of Restorative Practice
- Common interventions models
- The neuroscience of shame and the power of empathy
- The needs model underpinning behaviour
- Emotional Literacy
- Listening skills
- Restorative Enquiry Questions
- The Art of Engagement
- The two party model of Restorative conversation
- Considerations of harm
- Contrasting Retributive and Restorative approaches
- Skills practice – Facilitation of Restorative Meetings
- Restorative Circles, the practice and the links to cultural values
- Assessing Risk
- Implementation and Culture Change
Each participant will receive a handbook to accompany the course.
|Thursday 8th April 2021||Modules 1 & 2|
|Tuesday 13th April 2021||Modules 3 & 4|
|Thursday 15th April 2021||Modules 5 & 6|
|Tuesday 20th April 2021||Modules 7 & 8|
|Thursday 22nd April 2021||Modules 9 & 10|
Sessions will run from 9.00am - 12.30pm
Fees: £360 (inc VAT) per person (for up to 12 participants)
Contact: Janine Carroll, Director
Address: 2 Stamford Square, London SW15 2BF
For a full list of courses visit: http://restorativenow.com/training/
Delivered by: Restorative Now
This event is being hosted by an RJC member organisation. It is not delivered by, or on behalf of, the RJC.