1 Day Restorative Approaches for Schools Introductory Workshop (Birmingham)
This course will be run by Restorative Justice 4 Schools one of the leading training providers of Restorative Approaches/Justice training to schools within Britain and Europe. Our personal experience of implementing a restorative approach comes from working directly within schools, this allows us to contextualise the implementation and delivering of restorative outcomes to pupils and staff and talk about any barriers you are likely to meet and how to overcome them.
Our next one day Restorative Approaches training will introduce how your school can use a restorative option to build community and manage conflict. On Completion of the training delegates will be able to:
- Implement a restorative language and vocabulary within their school.
- Deliver a restorative chat for manage low level conflict between peers/peers or peers/staff
- Plan the implementation of a restorative approach within their schools.
- Understand which roles need to be involved and how this can be achieved.
- Understand the principles of restorative justice and the wider educational approach.
- Have a clear understanding of how restorative approaches can:-
- Build community
- Enhance a positive learning environment
- Develop the use of restorative language within school
- Produce positive outcomes for young people in conflict
- Bring a sanction system and a restorative approach together
- Reduce exclusions, removal from class, bullying, detentions and disruptive behaviour
- Promote emotional literacy, truth telling, responsibility, accountability & conflict resolution skills
The course is certificated and is followed by a 1 hour implementation meeting with the school at a later date via Skype and on-going support free of charge for any conflict issues that you would like to speak about before you bring pupils or pupils and staff together.
We also have a free school’s implementation pack that can be downloaded via our website by following this link http://www.restorativejustice4schools.co.uk/wp/?page_id=36
COST: Price £150 per delegate - £275 for two delegates - £350 for three delegates
We are also running other dates in other cities in England please see our website for details
Member Event info